This flannel quilt was a kitand got stalled by the checkerboard border.
I somehow thought that i didn't have enough fabric without having to piece some squares .
Eventually I figured out that mistake, pieced the borders and found that they didn't fit, too long.
I couldn't just leave them as the next piced borders wouldnt fit. I tried again and this time they were too small.
I pulled them apart and checked the measurement after each seam. The problem was a combination of the flannel having a tendency to stretch and the 1/4 inch walking foot not being a 1/4 of an inch.
It all worked in the end and i was pleased with the result .