Tuesday, February 6, 2024

February update

 I quite stalled on the quilting on my mother’s quilt.

I have finally got back to it. I should be getting a new machine this month. The machine I am using is over 35 years old and makes the task a little less enjoyable.



I  was given many balls of yarn recently and have been knitting scarves for a charity that I support.





I finished 2 hand towels using the pattern below.


I am linking to chookshed stitchers challenge.
This month’s number is #2, quilt tops for treasured babies.
I have the fabric cut but will wait for the new machine to do the piecing.
It is be good practice for the machine.
In the meantime I will get back to the quilting 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty scarves! Your mother's quilt is gorgeous! I would love to see closer up photos of the details. Is it hand embroidery?
    Sorry you are waiting anxiously for the arrival of your new machine - how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hand embroidery, I will post a close up on the next post

      Delete