Saturday, March 2, 2019

A massive fail



Well, my Monthly goal to finish this quilt has been a failure and a success. A fail, in that the quilt is not finished,  a success in that pattern and fabric will leave the house next week and be gifted to someone else if i can find any takers.
The centre is more or less ok. It was the big pieced diamonds that were the issue.
I think that they distorted when i was focusing on making sure every point matched,  unstitching and restitching.
From that point the other units wouldn't all join properly and sit flat.
I cut extra strips with the thought of perhaps replacing the big diamonds,  but i couldn't picture how that would look and feared it would be awful.
In the end i felt the best thing would be to see if someone else could make a better job that me, or put the fabric to better use.


3 comments:

  1. good for you!! Life is short. And getting shorter by the minute.
    You asked about the mystery, the center is complete, it is in folded and thinking mode now, not sure about size or borders. Things come out better when I think..odd how that works, and how seldom I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations with this quilt. I hope it finds a new and happy home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! So sorry to hear you are having issues with it.

    ReplyDelete